School Admission Arrangements

The Governing Body of Honley High School has adopted the Kirklees Council Admissions Policy. The policy for 2017-18 can be found using the following link:

The policy for 2018-19 can be found using the following link:

Admissions come under two categories, those that take place when a child makes the transition from Year 6 to Year 7, or an In-Year Admission. Both types of admission are currently arranged through the Kirklees School Admissions Team.

For end of Year 6 admissions, further information can be found using the link below to access the Guide for Parents/Carers - Starting secondary school:

An In-Year Admission is when a child already attends a school but wants to transfer to another school outside of the usual transfer time, for example because the child is moving to a new address. These transfers take place during the school year, which is why they are called in-year admissions.

There are two different types of in-year admission:

·         Parents or carers who are moving/have moved house and wish to move to a school closer to their new home.

·         Parents or carers who are not moving house, or whose change of address is not a significant one (a significant house move is defined as over 3 miles for Key Stage 2 and above), but would like their child to change school.

For an In-Year Admission, the In-Year Common Application Form (ICAF) should be completed:

For more information you can contact the School Admissions Team by telephone on 01484 225007, email or write to School Admissions, First Floor, Kirkgate Buildings, Byram Street, Huddersfield HD1 1BY. You can also visit the Kirklees website: